- Go to the "Run Command" dialog and enter "gpedit.msc".
- Expand to "Local Group Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Template".
- Double click on "Windows Components".
- Double click on "Windows Update" on the right side.
- Right click on "No auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Updates Installations", and select "Properties".
- Select "Enable", and click "OK" to close the dialog box
- Click "Yes" to save this settings.
- Restart your computer. You should be good to go.
Monday, April 2, 2007
If you are using Windows XP, you may notice sometimes it restarts itself after an overnight update. This could be quite annoying if you were like me, always left some applications open overnight. Fortunately, this annoyance can be deactivated. Just follow these steps below: